PPC Networks are Pay-Per-Click networks wherein we are allowed to advertise and get targeted customer to our sites/offers. There are many renowned PPC Networks, the most renowned is Google Adwords, followed by Bing Adcenter. But the major problem with such big networks is that Policy (in the case of Adwords) which does not support Affiliate links and the high CPC (Cost-Per-Click) which makes it a pain in the pocket to advertise.
7search – The simple solution to both the above problems is this PPC Network which is loved by all affiliates worldwide. Although 7search falls short on the amount of traffic but then it all depends on your targeting which can cause everything to change.
Recently, I was hit up with a mail from one of my Account Manger at a CPA Network and it read something like this;
Hey Rahul! I am your account manager with Above All Offers. I hope all is well. I'm just trying to get in touch with you and see which is your preferred contact method. Also, do you have a Facebook I can add? I haven’t heard from you in a while. Is there anything I can do to help your campaigns or did you still want to keep your account active? I haven't seen you running much lately. Please let me know what I can do for you, thanks! John Birks Above All Offers
Actual Screenshot here.
So after having read it, I managed to have a conversation with him on Skype wherein he said that one of the highest converting offers was “Garcinia Cambogia”. To my surprise, it even came with an upwell for customers who had successfully bought the package. Without much of a waiting period I looked into the top 10 searches for the keyword which will simply unbeatable, so SEO was a big NO! One of my remaining skills with a good experience was PPC.
7search clearly showed a lot of competition and the top bid would easily have to cross a dollar, which was very high.
So I decided to check the demographics for the top 10 ranking sites. Not finding any deciding demographics, I went for the site of Dr.Oz who was the man behind the launch and found a particular demographic which was supposed to have decent conversions.
Now the tricky part was to find a keyword that has minimal CPC and High searches with the traffic matching the demographics. I kept looking for general lose weight keyword which had good searches and very minimal CPC and after about 7 hours of finding keyword, confirming demographic and finding a search term in 7search. I found one;
Note: The reason I will not be revealing my search term is because the campaign is still on the go and I would not like my campaign to be targeted.
It has over 292k searches per month confirming around 2600 clicks on ads, with the CPC going on a max of 0.05. I knew I found a good search term and was worth testing on. I added sufficient amount of money in my account and made the ad which looks like this. I had once read on a blog, a way to go about the minimum 0.05 CPC and set it to 0.01 which was not much of a task after the campaign was set. I tested it for a couple of days, It turned nothing taking over 50-60 clicks per day but on the fourth day, when I was almost set to turn it off, I made a sale! $40 from 159 hops costing not more than $1.60. I had made my ROI, and now it was time to let it run.
26 days later, this is what the screenshot looks like.
How can you duplicate the same? Follow the steps;
- Read your emails. Well, None of this would have happened if I had not replied to that email of my Account manger so yes. Real your emails because not all of them are spam and not everyone is a scammer. Every once in a while you will find a email worth replying or reading.
- Find a converting offer. Talking to your Account Manager is the best resolution because he/she can always see which one is covering with which type of traffic.
- Find the demographic, interest and searches of the targeted customers.
- Do NOT test with the product name, rather find some keyword with the alike targeted customers which gives you a good hand at testing and a way better CPC.
- Test. The most important pointer is to test. You never know what can work until you test. I was rather persistent to find a conversion on the last day when I was all set for turning it off. But don’t go all crazy on a campaign spending all your money on it. Be smart about it.
Your questions, comments, love and hateful comments are more than welcome in the comment section below, So do leave me a response before you go off to wander in the Online Universe.
<Now Talking like a TV Host>
Until Next time, This is me Rahul Verma, and hopefully I will find you on the next blog post which should be coming real soon.
Keep Testing because Persistence pays off… Eventually! 🙂